Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A real fresh start!

It is only 11am & already I feel self-sabbotage coming on...I want to cheat just because I started watching what I am eating.  Yikes.  I'm sure in a week I will feel less urges to chose unhealthy foods.

It is now nearly 6:30pm and I DID NOT self sabotage!  I am doing something new for me but obvious!  Counting calories!  What a thought.  But not JUST counting calories...MAKING MY CALORIES COUNT!

Fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats.  I ate a clementine and raisin bran crunch (1 serving with 1/2 cup skim milk) YUM!  For snack I had nuts & whole grain crackers.  For lunch...yummy homemade Mexican Chicken Soup.

Mexican Chicken Soup

1 ½ pounds of Chicken
2 tsp Oil
½ Cup Water
1 Envelop Taco Seasoning (or ¼ Cup from bulk)
1 - 32oz Can V8 Juice (I use 46oz)
1 - 16oz Jar Salsa (I use medium for spice)
1 - 15oz Can Black Beans, rinsed & drained
1 – Can Corn, drained
6 Tbsp Cheddar Cheese - garnish
6 Tbsp Sour Cream - garnish
Cilantro - garnish

In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil until no long pink.
Add water & taco seasoning: simmer until chicken is well coated. Transfer to a large pot or slow cooker.
Add V8 juice, salsa, beans & corn; mix well.
Cover & cook until heated through.
Serve with cheese, sour cream & cilantro.

Serving size is 1.5 cups and is 345 calories with toppings included!!!  YUMMO!!!

Then for dinner I had Tilapia with lemon juice, brown rice with a dab of ranch & hot sauce and steamed broccoli!

I have to say that eating well TASTES SO GOOD!  I feel fantastic! 

I also started working out at Curves last Monday and have gotten 6 work outs in in two weeks.  This morning I burned about 490 calories! 

Join me...tell me what you are up to...what works for you, share your recipes.  Lets get healthy together WITHOUT a diet.  Just plain good eating, exercise and common sense!

I did it today!

1 comment:

  1. Good job! Yeah, I count my caloric intake as well. And since with the instigation of my fantastic health issues most exercise is out, I have to be even more careful. Servings have become smaller: I eat slower with smaller bites to "trick" myself into thinking that I'm eating more. I've also found that for me, Yoga is great. I burn off some calories without the accompanying exhaustion. And I'm also getting more flexible. Anywho, good luck! And thanks for sharing your success! I'm cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete